1.29.2014

A day in Paris

It was a hectic day in Paris. The weather is unbelievably horrid. It was literally raining the entire day! Jingzhi and I woke up at 5am in the morning, and walked to St Pancras under the rain, was a chilly 20mins walk.

Took the 7am train, we were exhausted!!! Didn't get good sleep at all on the previous night :(





Arrived at gare du nord at 10am Paris time! Got our Day pass and were starving!! We decided to head to Laduree for breakfast.
SERIOUSLY, PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY GOING THERE. Service was so bad, Food was a huge disappointment as well. Its worth the experience in such a pretty tearoom, but just don't bother ordering too much! Food isn't great at all. Lesson learnt, I won't recommend at all.


Trying to find the places that I have wrote on my travel journal. Trying to be organise but I always get lost! I rely on GPS too much, really bad.




Food was really overrated! Pierre Herme still has the BEST Macarons.

Continued walking along Champs Elysees towards the Arc de Triomphe! 


We both crave for something savoury after breakfast so we tried walking to Torcadero! Wanted to head to Le malakoff again, which I told Jingzhi about the french onion soup and confit de canard! 
Initially we got a little lost, but thank god we made it there! Seriously, just take metro wherever you go. Safest to navigate.

Bon Appetti!


Headed straight to Lafayette because we were running out of time! There were sales?! But sadly nothing caught my eye. Went to the food hall at Lafayette to get Sadaru Aoki pastries. Oh gorgeous, they are stunning! How is it possible to make them so pretty!! Joy in my mouth, cries in my wallet.

These are chocolates! I've seen in pictures but its the first time I see it in front of me?! So pretty but I really don't like chocolates,

THIS WAS SO GOOD! CITRON TART! its just different, the crust is really like a biscuit, its not chewy, its crunchy surprisingly!


Saved the Matcha cake for tomorrow! It survived the 2hours train ride ;3

Nothing beats Pierre Herme macarons.

After shopping, we were running out of time because we had to catch a train back in the evening! This eclair place is at the very top of my list, would be devastated if I didn't get to try it!! So, we immediately took a metro to Port Marie just to get some!! Its totally the best thing I enjoyed today. YUM, and also, it has a really nice price tag.

It still looks exactly the same when I opened it at home! Oh well, thats the price you pay for it. HAHA, must get on every trip ;D

My eclairs! So happy with our buys!! People on the train must be really jealous!!

Had eclairs, tart and chicken masala on the train.

I'm on food comma.


People that reads this, please don't be jealous ! You just need to start saving up and get your ass to Europe. Nothing is impossible so no excuses people!! 

Au revoir! 





1 comments:

top itineraries said...

The food in those photos looks amazing, I am literally getting hungry right now.

 

Lynette Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates