4.04.2014

Singapore Day 2014, London

Last week, Singapore Day 2014 was held at Victoria Park in London! It is basically a reunion for Singaporeans in Europe/UK! I was quite surprised that we all Singaporeans are indeed enthusiastic! There are close to 9,000 people attended. Some of them even flew all the way to London for this day! It was amazing, despite the long queues to get some local food that we all miss so much! The best part is, everything is FREE? Its a no brainer.

Each of us received a picnic mat, a bottle of water, some heat pack ( if bad weather approaches) , wet tissues, and an umbrella! The overseas singaporean unit is really thoughtful !



Presenting you the best of the day, SAMBAL STINGRAY! Look how generous the portion is! Everyone got a piece each! I think it probably cost $10 for 2 pieces in Singapore!


Hainan Chicken rice which I didn get to eat because the queue was way too long!

And yeah, 1 chicken wing for a 30mins queue! Its worth it, they should sell the chilli, its too good! I can never find it in London :(


Lovely weather at Victoria Park ! Everyone is indulging with all the food they've got. Singapore still has the best food, BEST.




There were so many things going on but sorry for the lack of photos! I just couldn't stop eating and I have no hands for my camera :( Im so happy that I met my primary school friend, Cally at the event!!! Oh my, its been more than 8years! Time flies, can't believe it is already my final semester in London. T.T


0 comments:

 

Lynette Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates